Regarding the renewal of a Jamaican passport, please note that all applications for Jamaican passports are processed by the Immigration, Citizenship and Passport Division of the Ministry of National Security in Kingston, Jamaica
Please complete the application form provided to submit to this Embassy along with the following:
- Your expired passport
- Your original Birth certificate (photocopy will not be accepted) and an official translation if the document is not in English
- Marriage Certificate where applicable and an official translation if the document is not in English
- Two identical colour photographs taken within the last six months, one of which should be signed by the Notary/Consular Officer who should also sign Section G of the application form (digital or instant photographs on flimsy paper will not be accepted)
- Divorce Decree (where applicable)
- For Minors – a copy of the first five pages of the passport is required of the parent/guardian who signs at Section D & E.
- A certified copy of one of the following valid documents:
- National Voter’s ID
- Jamaican driver’s licence
- Certificate of residence (resident card )from country of residence
- Driver’s licence from country of residence
- Passport ……………… €105.00
- Consular and Postage fees ……… €30.00
- Passport……………….. €75.00
- Consular and Postage Fees …………. €30.00
Monies may be transferred to the Embassy’s bank account, the details are:
ING Bank, Rond-Point Schuman 8
Account N°310 -1389882-55 (Embassy of Jamaica)
IBAN No: BE31 3101 3898 8255
You must ensure that the name of the person whose passport is being renewed is mentioned in the communication to the bank. It is also important to note that transfer charges to the above bank account must be borne by you.
Please note that postage fees are OPTIONAL as applicants may wish to collect the passport themselves.
Other useful information
- Adult, please ensure that your signature is affixed to the box located at the top of page 2 (in the middle and in a straight line, avoid touching the lines of the box)
- Also ensure that Section E-Declaration of Applicant is also signed (signature should be identical to #1).
- Please ensure that Section G is completed, that is details of two (2) emergency contacts are to be affixed.
- Photographs are to be taken against a plain background (preferably off-white). Do not use seals on the photographs of the applicant or deface the photo with ink / stamp. Please avoid the use of staples.
Please pay special attention to the following:
- Photos should not be more than six months old;
- 35-45 mm in width;
- your face should take up 70-80 % of the photograph;
- show skin tones naturally;
- have appropriate brightness and contrast;
- be printed on high quality paper at high resolution;
- where digital camera is used the photograph should be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper;
- if you wear eyeglasses, please ensure that the frame does not cover or cut off any part of your eye/s. If you have big frames or thick frames it is advised to take them off prior to taking the photo.
- Eyes should be open and clearly visible;
- Should be taken against a plain light-coloured background, preferably in a darker shades clothing;
- Must be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on the fate or pate;
- Red eye not accepted;
- No stamps or seal should be used on the photograph. Only one photograph should bear the inscription, “I certify that this is a true photograph of the applicant —————————–“.
- Processing time: minimum of eight (8) weeks.
Please do not make travel arrangement while passport is being processed.
- Submitted official translation/s for document/s that is/are not in English.
Should you require additional information, please feel free to contact the Embassy.