Registration Claim to Citizenship of Jamaica by Descent
Registration of citizenship is now done the same time you apply for the Jamaican passport. This takes about one year for processing. The following documents should be submitted to the Embassy for onward transmission to the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency( PICA), Jamaica:
- A letter requesting the Establishment of Citizenship addressed to:
Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA)
25 Constant Spring Road
The letter should state the address, name, date and place of birth of the person for whom a claim is to be established. Also to be included are the names and nationalities of the claimant’s parents.
- Certified copy of both parents’ passport;
- Certified copy of both parents’ Birth Certificates;
- Certified copy of parents Marriage Certificate (where applicable);
- Five (5) certified passport size photographs;
- Certified copy of the Claimant’s Birth certificate;
- Certified copy of a valid identification (if possible) of the Claimant;
- Completed passport application form**
- Completed registration of citizenship form**
- Official translations for all documents that are not in English (legalisation of translation is to be made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of residence and subsequently by the nearest Jamaican Honorary Consulate).
- All required documents MUST be certified by nearest Jamaican Embassy or Consulate
**To download the relevant application forms, please click on the following link to select and print the application form relevant to you:
Postage of………………… €30.00
Payment should be transferred to the Embassy’s bank account, the details are:
Embassy of Jamaica
ING Bank, Rond Point Schuman 8
Account N°310 -1389882-55
IBAN No: BE31 3101 3898 8255
Please ensure that the name of the person whose passport is being issued is mentioned in the communication to the bank.
Other useful information:
- Be sure to read the application form carefully before completing
- Please ensure that Section G is completed, that is, details of two (2) Emergency Contacts are to be affixed.
- Please pay special attention to the type of photographs to be submitted for passport, details below:
- Photographs should not be more than six months old
- 35-45 mm in width.
- Face should straight and take up 70-80% of the photograph.
- Photographs should be clear, of a sharp focus, and does not cast a shadow.
- Show skin tones naturally.
- Show appropriate brightness and contrast.
- Should be printed on high quality paper at a high resolution.
- Where digital camera is used the photograph should be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper.
- If you wear eyeglasses, please ensure that the frame does not cover or cut of any part of your eye/s. If you wear big frames or thick lenses, it is advised to take them off before taking the photograph.
- Eyes should be open and clearly visible
- Should be taken against a plain light-coloured background.
- Must be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on the face or pate
- Red eye not accepted